The YogaSkills™ Virtual Classroom is more than a mere training course in Yoga. It provides a total education in holistic living. It provides you the tools to transform and enhance your life and to become a practitioner who can provide a priceless service to clients that will transform them to the core.
During this experience you will gain an understanding of Yoga from an African Kemetic perspective, learn techniques of breathing and meditation, gain expertise in all aspects of the science of movements, postures and poses both basic levels and advanced. Very importantly you will learn the unique postures and movements of the divine forces of Kemet Africa that were never duplicated by any other culture.
This course will teach you the true science of Yoga from the perspective of a transformational system, how to heal your body and mind with breath, movement, food, supplements and herbs; and how to achieve states of self realization and self actualization.
This course contains more elements of our complete YogaSkills™ System of Kemetic Yoga than any that we have been able to offer so far. You are not just learning Yoga postures, you are learning a complete Kemetic holistic method of living and how to help others achieve a greater state of elevation.
KEMETIC YOGA HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY
WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEO: QUANTUM HEALING, THE SCIENCE OF KEMETIC YOGA
1. Watch all parts of the video and answer the following questions in an essay form:
- What is Kemetic Yoga?
- Compare and contrast Kemetic Yoga and Indian Yoga
- What is the lineage of the YogaSkills Method of Kemetic Yoga
- Explain the primary symbols that inform us of reality of Kemetic Yoga
- What are some of the iconic postures of Kemetic Yoga?
3. After learning the various poses, answer the following questions in an essay form:
- Describe the benefits of each posture and what parts of the body are affected by each one.
- Describe in general what ailments or health conditions can be positively affected by each posture.
- Provide safety tips in terms of avoiding injury and maintaining alignment.
- Describe what Kemetic Divinity is associated with as many of the Postures as you can.
- Describe in general how energy moves in the body and the pathways they take in coordination with the Breath
5. Video Presentation:
Create a video demonstration of you teaching a sample class of Kemetic Yoga to a group of at least 3 people. In the video demonstrate the following
- Knowledge of how to perform the basic core practices of Kemetic Yoga and the YogaSkills Method
- Ability to communicate to others how to perform these practices
- Ability to communicate what parts of the body are affected by the postures
- Ability to communicate what the students should feel energetically
- Ability to correct and adjust a student to get them into the posture properly and to avoid injury
- Ability to take students into deep relaxation using verbal instruction and overall environment while they are in the Mummy Pose.
2. Using the Kemetic Yoga DVDs, learn to correctly practice the following poses/sequences:
- Cleansing Breath
- Mummy Pose
- Sun Salutation
- Teken Pose
- Pose of Ausar
- Pose of Min
- Pose of Selkhet
- Maat Ka
- Pyramid Forward Bending Pose
- One Leg Forward Bending Pose
- Thigh to the chest Poses
- Spider Variation I
- Spider Variation I
- Spinal Twist
- Sesh Poses
- Pose of Immortality
- Peaceful Warrior Pose/Pose of Anpu
4. Create a video demonstration of yourself performing the primary practices listed above.
Video Demonstration: You can choose to send smaller clips of your practice of one to three techniques at a time in order to get feedback and make
corrections. Your Video Clips should be about 10 minutes long in order to transmit via email or you can post to Facebook on the private Kemetic Yoga
In the video you should be able to demonstrate that have a firm ability to physically perform the postures with ease, understand the concept of
Rule of Four Breathing and Geometric Progression.
- Describe the concepts of Rule of Four Breathing and Geometric Progression and how and why we use them in the YogaSkills Method and Kemetic Yoga.
- Describe the YogaSkills Method (YSM)
6. Final Essay (2-5 Pages)
Describe your experience with the study of Kemetic Yoga and the YogaSkills Method. Also describe what shifts or transformations that you have encountered during the course of your training.
BREATHING, RELAXATION AND MEDITATION
Cleansing Breath 1 & 2, Sahu Pose, Alternate Nostril Breathing, OmShuRa Meditation
SESSION 2 SUN SALUTATION
- Sesh Pose 1, 2 and 3
- Basic Pose of Immortality: Lunge Left Leg, Wadjet, Merkhut, Heruemakhet, Wadjet, Merkhut, Mesu Heru, Lunge Right Leg, Mesu Heru
- Merkhut Forward Bending Pose (Repeat 3 Times)
- One Leg Forward Bending Pose (Repeat 3 Times on Each Side)
- Thigh to the Chest Pose Sequence (Right Thigh to Chest, Left Thigh to Chest, Both Thighs to Chest)
- Spider Pose Variation 1, Spider Pose Variation 2.
- Sitting Spinal Twist Variation 1, Sitting Spinal Twist Variation 2.
- Sahu Pose
SESSION 3 KEMETIC YOGA 101
- Triangle Pose Variations 1, 2 & 3
- Teken Sequence: Teken Pose, Pose of Ausar (left & right), Pose of Selkhet, Pose of Min (Left & Right), Pose of Selkhet
- Maat Ka
SESSION 4 KEMETIC YOGA 101 (CONT.)
- Pose of Immortality
- Peaceful Warrior Pose
- Goddess Pose
SESSION 5 ADVANCED KEMETIC YOGA
- Headstand (3 Variations)
- Morning Ritual: Standing Forward Bend, Sesh Pose Variation 2, Sesh Pose Variation 3, Merkhut Mesu Heru, Khepera Variation 1, Peacock, Khepera Variation 2, Headstand or Scorpion
- Tree Pose, Roots of the Tree Pose
SESSION 6 LECTURE: HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF KEMETIC YOGA
- Understanding Kemetic Yoga in Context of African History
- Examples of Kemetic Yoga Practices and Principles
- Understanding the Spirit Body: Energy Centers, Energy Channels & the Aura
SESSION 7 LECTURE: STRESS MANAGEMENT
Understanding the Physiology of Stress
SESSION 8 THE PRINCIPLES OF HOLISTIC NUTRITION, INTERNAL CLEANSING AND FEEDING THE BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT
- The Colon, Intestines & Internal Organs: Structure, Physiology, Digestion, Assimilation and Elimination
- Nutrition: Nutrients and the Properties of Herbs
- Superfoods: The Importance of B-Complex, Vitamin C. and Super absorption of Amino Acids and Antioxidants
- Cleansing and Fasting
- Creating Superfood Smoothies
- Creating the Ultimate Juices for Health and Wellness
SESSION 9 BUSINESS PRINCIPLES FOR CORPORATE YOGA AND STRESS MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
- Principles of Applying The YogaSkills Method, Total Health Consciousness and Internal Self Regulation
- Conducting Chair Yoga and Stress Management Sessions
- Working with Corporate Clients: Companies, Schools and Special Populations
SESSION 10 ANCIENT WISDOM AND MODERN SCIENCE
- Understanding Ancient Future and Seven Laws of Tehuti
- Lessons from the Matrix
SESSION 11 CREATING YOUR FLOW SEQUENCES:
- Pose of Immortality in 4 directions
- Free Flowing: Pose of Immortality, King’s Dancer, Maat Ka, Peaceful Warrior Pose, Goddess Pose, Headstands
SESSION 12 ADVANCED KEMETIC YOGA (CONT.)
- Advanced Levels of Sun Salutation
- Hip Opener Sequences
SESSSION 13 ENERGY WORK
- Tai Chi Practices
- Chi Qong Practices
SESSION 14 KEMETIC AFRICAN SPIRITUALITY
- Rites of Passage and Human Development
- Removing Brainwashing and Conditioned Automatic Thoughts
- Journey to Amenta
ONCE YOU HAVE SATISFACTORILY COMPLETED THE ESSAYS AND VIDEOS YOU WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE DESIGNATING YOU AS A GRADUATE OF THE YOGASKILLS: SCHOOL OF KEMETIC YOGA, AT THE 200 HOUR LEVEL.